Daily Snap

Scenes on campus
Ico print Print | Ico email Email | Facebook | | RSS

Now and then: Grub Street

When the first picture was taken, around 1912, this path had no official name; students called it Grub Street since it led to Commons, where they received their daily bread. Two years later, it was named Blount Avenue in honor of a donor. Today, the buildings that flank it have all been replaced: Fayerweather Hall (left) and the rest of the Berkeley Oval buildings were razed to build Berkeley College, and the old Divinity School (right) was succeeded by Grace Hopper (née Calhoun) College.

Filed under Blount Avenue, Grub Street, Now and then, Berkeley Oval, Divinity School, Berkeley College, Grace Hopper College
The comment period has expired.